Increase Efficiency of Lab Accreditation and Audit Processes
AASHTO R18 Quality Management System (QMS) accreditation for your laboratories requires meticulous record keeping in order to demonstrate your firms’ laboratory practices and quality management system. Construction materials testing firms are looking for a comprehensive solution to consistently manage policy and procedure driven information, particularly across multiple lab locations.
CENTRALIZED SOURCE OF TRUTH
Paper-based training and certifications documents can get lost in file cabinets and are not easy to find and reference during an audit. This can cost you time and money. If you are missing forms or the forms you have are incomplete, preparing for an audit can be an overwhelming effort.
To simplify the lab accreditation process, you need access to a single source of truth for documents and accreditation-related information. MetaField Accreditation not only provides a central location to store your documents, but also helps you and your firm organize the information to assist in your success of meeting the R18 standard.
REDUCE COSTLY IMPACT OF AUDITOR VISITS
With MetaField’s Accreditation capabilities, you can digitally manage day-to-day lab operations to ensure compliance with your QMS. Systematize repeatable activities, eliminating the last-minute push to complete overlooked tasks. Records can be searched and easily retrieved, dramatically reducing oversight and audit time.
- Single point of access, across offices, for streamlined storage of the latest version of accreditation documents.
- Increase efficiency and consistency of training and evaluation processes.
- Accurate and defensible record keeping that can be easily referenced in an audit.
MINIMIZE OVERSIGHT OF ACCREDITATION PROCESSES
MetaField’s Accreditation capabilities offer robust features to prepare for a laboratory accreditation or assessment, helping you streamline the process and reduce the costly impact of auditor visits. Features include:
- Documents—central repository for lab-specific accreditation-related information.
- Evaluation Forms—record, track and store lab staff training via competency verifications and written evaluations.
- Certifications—record, track and store staff certifications.
- Equipment—record and track equipment inventory, calibration, and maintenance.
USE CASE: STRATA, INC.
For those of us who’ve been accredited for a while, audits used to be a one-off. Audits are no longer a one-off. If you’re not doing the things that you have to do on a day-to-day basis—training records for instance—the auditors catch that and it becomes a problem.